November 2013 marks the 100 year anniversary of the publication of the first volume of "Remembrance of Things Past" by Marcel Proust. This work, also known as "In Search of Lost Time", holds the Guinness world record as the longest novel ever written. You could celebrate by reading all seven volumes in French (and then, when finished, immediately begin reading it again) as Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer did. Or you could do the Top Five.
5. Watch the movie Time Regained, the final volume of In Search of Lost Time.
4. Listen to French music from the Belle Epoque.
3. Look at the paintings that Proust writes about
2. Read the graphic novel, volumes 1 and 2.
1. Eat a madeleine dipped in tea.