1912 - The first Cupertino Library opens in the Cupertino Store. Miss Fanny Jollyman attends to a collection of 50-75 books on 4 shelves in the store.
1945 - Miss Fanny Jollyman retires after more than 30 years of service to the Cupertino Library and the Santa Clara County Free Library.
1945-1951 - Cupertino loses its branch library after the Cupertino Store is remodeled.
1951 - Library service resumes in Cupertino thanks to regular visits by the County Library's Bookmobile.
1960 - The new 2500-square-foot Cupertino Library opens in the Allario Shopping Center. More than 300 library cards are issued on opening day.
1962-1965 - Cupertino outgrows its physical space with a collection of 50,000 volumes and annual circulation of over 300,000 items.
1967 - Voters approve a library bond for the construction of a new facility in Cupertino.
1971 - April 10th: The new 24,000-square-foot Cupertino Library opens at 10400 Torre Avenue.
1988 - Due to growing demand, the library is renovated and expanded to 37,000 square feet.
1992 - Cupertino Library has more than 200,000 volumes in its collection and more than 1 million items are circulated.
2004 - The completely redesigned and rebuilt, 54,000-square-foot library facility opens in Cupertino. A defining feature of the new facility is a sixteen-foot-high 4,000-gallon saltwater aquarium, donated by Fred and Annie Chan in memory of Fred's father, Mr. Pak Chung Chan.
2010 - With the assistance of the Cupertino Library Foundation, the Friends of the Cupertino Library, the City of Cupertino, and the Cupertino Rotary, the library opens a new Teen Room on the second floor.
Today - Cupertino Library has more than 330,000 volumes in its collection, circulates more than 2.5 million items annually, and receives 850,000 visitors each year.