Campbell Library is holding a pumpkin carving for teens on October 25th at 4pm! Need inspiration? Here's the best bookish pumpkins I found on the internet.
1. Harry Potter
Q: How long will I love this Hogwarts crest carving?
A: Always. ;)
2. Edgar Allan Poe
Poe apparently has the most carvable author face as I haven't seen any other authors on pumpkins. (You hear that, Neil Gaiman? Step up your game or you'll never be on a pumpkin.)
Speaking of Neil Gaiman, this Coraline pumpkin is perfect for Halloween.
4. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
So precise! Love how its arms are coming out of the circle.
5. Hunger Games
Happy Halloween? Happy Hunger Games! This Capitol logo is as flawless as Effie Trinket.
6. Paper Towns
Recognize this pushpin? Sometimes it's less about the carving's complexity and more about celebrating what you love.
7. Gone with the Wind
“No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
8. Lord of the Rings
Love the glow coming from Gandalf's staff.
9. A Clockwork Orange
If a trick-or-treater came to my door dressed as Alex I would find it as scarier than any horror movie monster. Great sinister expression here.
10. Where the Wild Things Are
I could eat this pumpkin up, I love it so. Preferably in a pumpkin risotto.
1. Hogwarts via johwee
2. Poe via do it myself
3. Coraline via Fantasy Pumpkins
4. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea via ThePumpkinGeek
5. Hunger Games via HungerGamesMovie
6. Paper Towns via Christie Speich
7. Gone with the Wind via cindeeluwho1
8. Lord of the Rings via The Carving Gallery
9. A Clockwork Orange via Pumpkins by Lisa
10. Where the Wild Things Are via ingrid's Notes
Whether you carve a book, face, or scary scene onto your decorative gourd this season, I hope you have a happy Halloween!
- Klara (read my blog here: This is the Blog that Books Built)