Californians can shop the insurance plan at Covered California, which is California’s official marketplace for the Affordable Care Act. Covered California was created to help you and your family get health coverage.
Here are some of the most helpful features on the Covered California website:
1. The Cost Estimate Calculator tool can help you explore the different insurance plans based on your household size and income.
2. If you need help with enrollment, you can send an email to request enrollment assistance. The staff from Covered California will respond to your need and guide you through the application process.
3. There is a detailed Q&A page for individuals and families.
4. For small businesses with between one and fifty employees there is a web page that provides comparisons of health plans, their benefits and premiums.
5. There is a Covered California factsheet that is available in other languages including Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, Farsi, Hmong, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese.