Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 by Travel_and_Outdoors
Summer is finally here. A time when many of us are planning outdoor adventures. And even if you are not able to take a long vacation this year, there are many places to visit right here in the Bay Area.
Be a tourist for a day or a weekend and check out what the Bay Area has to offer!
One of the many places that almost everyone knows about but surprisingly few residents of the area visit is Alcatraz.
· See the site of the first lighthouse on the West Coast
· Visit the infamous federal penitentiary and take the cellhouse audio tour
· Learn about the 18 month occupation by Indians of All Tribes
· Explore the Gardens, tide pools and bird colonies
· Don’t forget about the great views of the bay on a sunny day!